OSPF default-information originate help

I have a two routers in my OSPF domain that inject their default route into my enterprise routing table. We run a fully meshed MPLS cloud from an ISP (I don't run any MPLS commands natively). For most purposes, one Internet connection at one of the two main offices is preferred over another so I control my satellite Internet access via the default-information originate metric command.

One has default-information originate metric 5 ; (Corporate) the other has default-information originate metric 10 ;(Backup Disaster site)

This mostly works except for "Atlanta".

Due to the proximity of my Atlanta site to my Backup site, it seems to get it's preference from the Backup site no matter what I set the metric too. I think the Atlanta and the Backup locations are on the same ISP's MPLS hub, so it never goes anywhere except to the Backup site. If I remove the "default-information originate" command completely from my Backup site's router, all Internet traffic flows to Corporate as it should.

I want to exclude Atlanta's default-route from EVER going to the Backup site's Internet. I figure I would control what is sent out via the default-originate command from the Backup site router. It's not working, or I don't have the syntax right.

Atlanta's LAN is 172.27.4.0 /22

I changed the BACKUP SITE's router from this: router ospf 2 network xx.xx.xx.xx 0.0.0.255 area 0 network yy.yy.yy.yy 0.0.0.3 area 0 default-information originate metric 10

to this: router ospf 2 vrf lan network xx.xx.xx.xx 0.0.0.255 area 0 network yy.yy.yy.yy 0.0.0.3 area 0 default-information originate metric 10 route-map NOINET

route-map NOINET permit 10 match ip address 6

access-list 6 remark OSPF Default-originate filter access-list 6 deny 172.27.4.0 0.0.3.255 access-list 6 permit any

Basically, I want to exclude 172.27.4.0 /22 as a network that "gets" the default originate command at all from the Backup site, so it only sees the Corporate default-route. I think I may be missing a line from the route-map, or perhaps it's wrong altogether.

Help?!

-Bob

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.