ospf and sub-interfaces problem

Hi, Im running IOS 12.3(6) on a 7206(b). This problem is very similar to the problem raised by peter in

formatting link
The problem description is as below

When removing the ospf network command for a sub-interface of a gig-interface, ospf neighbor relation fails for all sub-interfaces on the main interface. Neighboring routers see the neighbor in INIT state, while the router on which the change was made doesnt see any neighbors on the sub-interface at all. When doing a "sh ip ospf inteface sub-int" on the changed router, ospf will b running on the sub-interface. When pinging the multicast address 224.0.0.5 from the effected router, all neighbors reply, but pinging from neigbhros to 224.0.0.5 fails. If I ping from the neighbors to 224.0.0.6 , I recieve a reply from the effected router. Other show command outputs can be furnished on request

If peter solved this problem with an upgrade, what version of IOS did you upgrade it to?

Anybody else had the same problem and how did you solve it?

Thanks

Reply to
luqs
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate Cisco Bug CSCed28579.

CSCed28579 Bug Details:

First Found-in Version: 12.3(5), 12.1(19)E03, 12.2(14)S05

Symptom:

An interface flaps when a service policy is attached to the interface and when it is removed.

Conditions:

The above symptom has been observed on a c7200VXR with a NPE-G1 processor board.

Currently, this has been observed on ethernet interfaces - the GigE interfaces on the NPE-G1 as well as the FastEthernet which may be present on the C7200-I/O controller.

Workaround:

The interface may be shutdown before service-policy is applied or removed.

Further Problem Description:

This is expected behaviour. When a service policy is applied to an interface, the interface has to be reset.

As a consequence, line protocol goes down then up.

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.