Routing/VLAN Issues between 3640rtr and Pix520

I have been assigned two netblocks of IP addresses from my ISP Time Warner. I have alread verified through TWC that the routing on there end is correct. With that said in order to get the two netblocks to be utilized by the router and my Pix, I had to set up a VLAN on the Pix and set the router up with a sub interface. The configuration was successful at first for the first netblock of 216.xxx.xxx.0/28. It passes/routes traffic from the router to the pix and back out. The second netblock of 216.xxx.xxx.32/28 has issues. from the router I can ping its interface of .33 and can alos ping the Pix firewall vlan interface of .35. From the pix I can ping vlan interface .35 and the routers sub interface of .33. Here lies the problem. From the outside I try a tracert to the router sub interface of .33 and the tracert completes. Try to do a tracert to the FW interface of .35, it gets all the way to the router and fails. It almost seems to be a routing issue, but how cna that be when the 216.xxx.xxx.32/28 network is directly connected? Has anyone seen or have experienced similiar issues?

Frank

begin 666 spacer.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``)F9F0```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
Frank Durham
Loading thread data ...

Frank,

We have a similar set up and a VLAN wasn't necessary. We have an additional ip route statement in our internet router

ip route 216.xxx.xxx.32 255.255.255.240 .35_interface_of your_PIX

hth, Travis

Frank Durham wrote:

Reply to
BrewmasterT

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.