NTP over VPN

Hello all. I am trying to retrieve NTP updates from one of my Cisco

878 routers via another Cisco 878 router. These two routers are each endpoints in my site-to-site VPN. The VPN tunnel works great, but I cannot retrieve NTP updates over the VPN tunnel. The first side of the VPN (subnet 192.168.1.x) is setup to synchronize with a stratum 2 NTP server over the Internet. This works fine and I have verified that the router has actually synchronized with the Internet NTP server (via show ntp associations). However, the other side of the VPN (subnet 192.168.0.x) cannot synchronize with my other router. I have it set to request synchronization via the command "ntp server 192.168.1.1," but it is not working. I have double checked the ACL controlling NTP requests and everything appears ok. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Reply to
animedreamer
Loading thread data ...
  1. Post the access lists

1. Suggest you config "ntp source eth0" to control what source IP address is used in the NTP packets

Reply to
Merv

Thanks, Merv. The problem was with the source IP address.

-Vincent

Reply to
animedreamer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.