not enough space ios upgrade

I am trying to upgrade my 3750G-TS switch currently running

IOS (tm) C3750 Software (C3750-I9-M), Version 12.1(11)AX, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

to the latest 12.2.35.

I tried to download the software to the switch but not enough room. What do I do?

Reply to
tony
Loading thread data ...

"tony" crashed Echelon writing news:etk3vd$3hi$ snipped-for-privacy@news.Stanford.EDU:

Delete the old image, copy the new image to flash, configure terminal-> boot system flash:/newimage

reboot

Reply to
Bjarke Andersen

If you follow the right upgrade proceedure it does it for you. FYI, you do NOT simply do a copy TFTP flash with modern switches if you wish to maintain the html interface. Images are part of a .tar file and get extracted automatically along with all of the appropriate html files.

formatting link

Reply to
Brian V

formatting link

Reply to
tony

formatting link
>

Please don't top post, it makes it hard to follow the thread. Why are you changing the image in the first place? Is there a feature, bug or something else you are trying to add/fix? If you are simply doing it to do it, don't. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Reply to
Brian V

I think that if you want the facility that you describe you will have to get a more flexible switch.

4500, 6500 do have the facility to store multiple images. Not sure about 4948.

Typically low end switches and routers do not offer the facility to store multiple images.

You may be able to tftp boot the new image and then throw it away of you don;t like it. This usually needs console access.

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.