Naming Services/Ports in PixOS

I am trying to go through and clean up my configuration. I have been using the `name` command to assign names to IPs. This really simplifies how ACLs look. It has been a great first step. In the end, I will start implementing some object groups. Right now, however, I would like to be able to name services... for instance RDP is tcp/3389, and TFTP is tcp/69. Most of the services have names, but not these. For consistency's sake, I would like to give them a name. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks, Dustin

Reply to
Dustin
Loading thread data ...

In article , Dustin wrote: :I am trying to go through and clean up my configuration. I have been :using the `name` command to assign names to IPs. This really :simplifies how ACLs look. It has been a great first step. In the end, :I will start implementing some object groups. Right now, however, I :would like to be able to name services... for instance RDP is tcp/3389, :and TFTP is tcp/69. Most of the services have names, but not these. :For consistency's sake, I would like to give them a name. Is there a :way to do this?

Not directly. You can, though, create a service object-group

object-group service TFTP udp description the UDP port used for TFTP port-object eq 69

access-list Out2In permit udp any host MyServer object-group TFTP

[Note: you indicated tftp as tcp/69 but it is udp that is used.]
Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks for that, and thanks for correcting me... udp/69 for tftp

Reply to
Dustin

Walter Roberson a écrit :

To expand on Walter's comment, you can also have groups being members of other groups.

For example:

object-group service Cisco-Mgmt udp description stuff that you need to manage your routers and switches port-object eq snmptrap port-object eq syslog group-object TFTP

Reply to
Francois Labreque

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.