multiple sip trunks on 2600 ?

I run CME on a 2651XM router with IOS c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T9.bin. I know I can make multiple simultaneous outgoing calls on one sip trunk but what I wanted was several different phone numbers for incoming calls.

1) Can this platform do multiple sip trunks or do I have to upgrade to a later router? (which one). 2) would any of the latest IOS releases enable this router to do multiple sip trunks? I read on another forum that I might be able to do multiple sip trunks if the provider didn't require me to register, but I've never seen a sip provider that operates without registration. If I have to upgrade my router then ok but if there's any way to achieve multiple incoming phone numbers (DID's) on my 2651XM then I'd like to investigate that.

thanks for any advice.

Reply to
tg
Loading thread data ...

I don't believe the ability to register with multiple SIP usernames came until CUBE (not happening on a 2651XM), or until something real recent on regular sip-ua IOS revisions.

Hmm, this document

formatting link
says 15.0(1)XA, but I thought there was something earlier, but its highly doubtful that a recent enough revision would be old enough to still function on a 2651XM. I just can't find a 12.4(x)xx type release for it.

So, I guess the authoritative answer is anything that runs 15.0(1)XA and has that feature in it.

You could have some sort of SIP proxy box in front of the Cisco that does the registration for external SIP trunks, and doesn't require authentication back internal to your cisco gateway, but probably an upgrade to a 2800 or 2900 would be the ticket otherwise.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

formatting link

A SIP trunk is nothing more than a connection to service provider and your provider can give you as many incoming numbers as you want (or willing to pay for). The feature listed above is only needed if you want to register with more than one provider.

Reply to
Thrill5

unfortunately my sip provider will only issue one number per account, which means one number per username/password combo. The 2600 will only accept one username/password combo for sip so I expect I'd have to find another provider, but I haven't yet seen one that provides multiple numbers on the one account.

Reply to
tg

Meanwhile, at the comp.dcom.sys.cisco Job Justification Hearings, tg chose the tried and tested strategy of:

You could use an external aggregator like pbxes.com.

Reply to
alexd

-------------------------------------

you have to use another service or have to create multiple accounts for different sip numbers. you can not have multiple numabers on a single sip account

formatting link

Reply to
markhood

Surely that can't be right. What do people with multiple SIP DDIs do? One account per DDI?

Reply to
alexd

Use different hardware than a 2600.

Cisco's multiple Registrars on SIP Trunks feature was added to the code base long after the 2600 was end-of-development.

Or use something else and feed the consolidated trunks back to the cisco the one way it likes to take it.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Ahhh OK, that makes more sense.

Reply to
alexd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.