Logging outbound traffic from PIX

I have syslog setup up and following configured on the pix:

Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Version 5.3(1)

logging on logging timestamp no logging standby logging console debugging no logging monitor logging buffered notifications logging trap warnings logging history warnings logging facility 20 logging queue 512 logging host inside x.x.x.x no logging message 111001

With the above configuration, I'm able to log all inbound traffic, but nothing outboud. Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Reply to
ssaluja
Loading thread data ...

In article , wrote: :I have syslog setup up and following configured on the pix:

:Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Version 5.3(1)

Really 5.3(1) and not 6.3(1) ?? 5.3(1) has a number of known security bugs, and you are entitled to a free update to the last edition of

5.3 .

:With the above configuration, I'm able to log all inbound traffic, but :nothing outboud. Any suggestions??

You have logging trap warnings but both inbound and outbound connection messages log at level 6, not level 4. Denied traffic logs at level 4 (warnings) though, but perhaps you have no servers configured and so never noticed.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.