logging level

I've setup a syslog server to monitor the logging on my 1811. I am wondering if anything beside a logging level of informational is needed to see the up/down status of my ipsec vpn's. Thanks

Reply to
mmark751969
Loading thread data ...

The easy answer is to try it out yourself.

I have tried to follow the Cisco logging documentation and have failed. Miserably. Very miserably. :-)

Reply to
bod43

Yea - i don't want to down vpn's to test it though. I'm getting encryt/decrypt failures logged. Is that a good indicator that up/down status would be logged. thanks

Reply to
mmark751969

It doesn't seem that informational is good enough to log this. I just had one go down and it didn't register in syslog.

Reply to
mmark751969

I was minding my own business the other day, out 'n' about, when I thought of this thread for some reason. Thought was that I couldn't recall seeing SA messages in log unless deb cry ips sa or similar was enabled. We always set log level to debugging and had a nice big file.

You do know the log level is in each log message?

e.g. from google

%CRYPTO-5-SESSION_STATUS

log level is "5".

My feeling is that memory is fauty, but I thought I would write anyway:-(

Reply to
bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.