Logging IPSEC VPN connections with SYSLOG

Hello. We currently have a Cisco VPN 3005 Concentrator setup to accept Windows PPTP and Cisco VPN client IPSEC connections. We have a SYSLOG server running and the VPN 3005 is setup to write to the SYSLOG server. When PPTP users connect to the VPN 3005 I can look at the SYSLOG server and see who connected and at what time. That is all I am really looking for. When users connect via the Cisco VPN client nothing is logged to the SYSLOG server. Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to set this up? I am sure I am missing something very minor. Thanks.

Reply to
Corbin O'Reilly
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

You need to goto events and enable the classes first, before you get any logs sent to syslog. I run ike on level 5 or 6, i think, before you get username and IP address, along with the time.

quite usefull for user tracking later on.

HTH Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Hi Martin. I did what you said and it worked perfectly. The information I need is now being transmitted to the SYSLOG server. Thanks for the help. Corbin.

Reply to
Corbin O'Reilly

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.