Local Lan Access on Windows Cisco VPN Version 5.0.00.0340

I have selected the box "Allow Local Lan Access" in one of my VPN connections and this has resolved most of my connectivity issues. I am now able to run messenger applications and access regular internet pages without setting up a proxy server to run over the VPN.

However, sometimes the client becomes confused (presumably) on what is or is not "local".

For instance there's an intranet website that I cannot access when using the VPN client. There is a shared drive on a remote computer which I access through an IP address which seems to be attempting to access locally (and failing of course)

These are opposite problems. I can access the intranet website if I disconnect from the VPN client - and I can access the remote shared drive if I turn off "Allow Local Lan Access".

Any way to tell the client exceptions - or specific what is or is not LAN? Everything works great with the box checked except these two silly simple things.

-- Luc

Reply to
godshiva
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.