Local LAN access - not working

I'm having trouble getting a VPN connection that uses a Sprint Broadband PC card to be able to see network shares. I have a PIX506e with split tunneling enabled. I'm using client version 3.6.4 on the laptop in question. I have checked the option to "Enable local lan access" in the client. The client is set to start prior to windows login and I have the dialer program for the Sprint Connection set to launch from the VPN client. Everything connect and works fine from that aspect, but after the connection is made, I can't access any network shares. I can ping the servers I'm trying to reach by IP or name and do get responses. The first 2 always time out, but afterwards, I get 200-300 ms pings consistantly. Is this just a latency issue or do I need to modify the acl in some way? I don't see any routes in the route table for the local network when connected through the vpn.

Any insight would be appreciated..

Matt

Reply to
Matt Williamson
Loading thread data ...

Suggest you try a more recent client to see if you issue still persists.

The latest Cisco client version is 4.8

Reply to
Merv

But some people have reported big problems with 4.6 and 4.8 and needed to go back further than that.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Perhaps 4.0.5.D would be a version to try ...

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.