Layer 2 Ether channel

Hi all,

A little query.

I have just set-up Ether channel between two Cisco 3750s. I'm using layer 2 ether channel using two ports on each switch.

Everything is identical and seems to work and fail-over OK. i.e. when I drop one of the links in the bundle, everything keeps going as it should. But, when I plug one of the leads back in that has been unplugged, sometimes the port goes into err-disable.

Is this normal?

My ether channel config is this, and is the same on both switches:

interface Port-channel1 description Link to Core 2 g1/0/11-12 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 5 switchport mode trunk

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/11 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 5 switchport mode trunk channel-group 1 mode on ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/12 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 5 switchport mode trunk channel-group 1 mode on

Can anyone advise if this is me, or this is just normal, and maybe I have been talking my testing too far.

Regards

James

Reply to
James
Loading thread data ...

Try changing the mode te desirable.

formatting link

Reply to
Brian V

formatting link

Reply to
James

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.