latest stable version of IOS for 6500

Hello all,

I am looking to upgrade the IOS on my 6509. It has redundent sup 720's with a MSFC3A. 64MB Flash and 512 RAM.

Currently it is running 12.2(17D)SXB2. Anyone have a recommendation or running a higher version of IOS that is stable?

Mike Byers Shepherd University

Reply to
Michael Byers
Loading thread data ...

We use 12.2(18)SXD7.

Reply to
Make

Safe harbor release are:

12.2(17d)SXB10

12.2(18) SXE4

12.2(18)SXF

Are you looking to upgrade to get a particular feature ?

Reply to
Merv

We will be adding 10GB blade in the near future. Otherwise it is just to keep the code current.

Reply to
Michael Byers

I did a lot of work in the area of 6500 for a major finacial institution and determining the "best" image to upgrade was absoutely vital.

There are still quite a few bugs in many of the 6500 releases, so my advise would be not to upgrade unless you REALLY must.

If you need to upgrade, ensure you go thru all the caveats listed for the target IOS release to determine if they might be triggered in your environment.

Reply to
Merv

If you have WS-X67xx cards make sure you have at least 12.2(18)SXE4, though the particular bug bit us seems to have cropped up again in the last few days. The effect of the bug was to drop traffic from the board to external addresses (for some value of "external") but allow local traffic to flow uninterrupted.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Wilson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.