VPN addressing

Hi All,

I would like to create a separate vlan for all my vpn addresses, to keep them in a separate pool. is this bad practice? also, i am a little confused about how i would go about this because of the following:

you create a vlan on a switch and must have at least one port in that vlan and connected for it to be up, up. correct?

TIA,

R
Reply to
rhltechie
Loading thread data ...

You asked this a month ago under the title "vlan and vpn config question". I answered it then.

formatting link

YES. Anything that is certain to prevent your network from working properly is a bad practice.

Your problem is that you won't -have- any ports that should belong to the VLAN.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Sorry for the repost, I have not thought about this since, well..last month! lol i totally forgot i had asked.

thank you for your help, again.

still trying to figure out how to assigned a pool as the addresses that i currently use are on a vlan running out of ip's. guess i need to think about moving some of the users from the vlan.

Reply to
rhltechie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.