Keeping Up With IOS & Software Upgrades

Hello ..

How are you all keeping up with upgrades and new software available?

I have RSS for vulnerabilities and security issues, but there is no RSS available for new IOS release by device/hardware/release train.

So last I upgraded one of my 2811 routers was 12.4(6)T and yesterday I learned they are up to 12.4(18).

How could I have kept up with each release an security caveats in each IOS version?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have..

GNY

Reply to
GNY
Loading thread data ...

~ How are you all keeping up with upgrades and new software available? ~ ~ I have RSS for vulnerabilities and security issues, but there is no ~ RSS available for new IOS release by device/hardware/release train. ~ ~ So last I upgraded one of my 2811 routers was 12.4(6)T and yesterday I ~ learned they are up to 12.4(18). ~ ~ How could I have kept up with each release an security caveats in each ~ IOS version? ~ ~ Thanks for any suggestions you may have.. ~ ~ GNY

Product Alert Tool

formatting link
tell you via email of any security advisories that are applicable to your products of interest. (Also EoL announcements and field notices.)

I'm not aware of any tool that will automatically tell you about new IOS images, though.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Aaron,

Thanks for this.. I never knew about it..

There a just so many places on Cisco's site, its all unorganized, some links are borken.. yuck!

I guess this is the best I can get..

Thanks again ..

GNY

Reply to
Lenny

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.