ISDN PRI dial in problems

Hello all, I have been trying to configure a Cisco 3745 as an access server with a PRI module for ISDN dial in. The problem is that the incoming call does not last more than 7 - 8 secs.I am including snippets of the config as well as some debug output. I'd be grateful if anyone can help

- I just cant figure out the error messages.

Thanks in advance, Shireen

Config _____________

isdn switch-type primary-qsig ! ! controller E1 2/0 framing NO-CRC4 ! controller E1 2/1 pri-group timeslots 1-31 ! interface Serial2/1:15 no ip address encapsulation ppp dialer pool-member 2 isdn switch-type primary-qsig isdn incoming-voice data isdn bchan-number-order ascending no fair-queue ! interface Dialer5 ip unnumbered loopback0 encapsulation ppp dialer pool 2 dialer-group 5 no peer default ip address ! dialer-list 5 protocol ip permit ________________________________

Mar 26 02:58:59.770: ISDN Se2/1:15 Q921: User RX

Reply to
sayeeda_shireen
Loading thread data ...

I would start with:

deb ppp auth deb ppp neg

Since the length of call seems to indicate problems there.

I also googled for qsig event 0x4a and it seems like that might indicate a far end disconnect. It can be instructive to get the same debugs from the far end. Make sure you have ntp configured on your routers so you can match times in the logs.

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Pratt

The debug below is telling you that PPP authentication failed

Without seeing the rest of your config I can only guess that you have not configured the authentication method for dialin.

Scott

Reply to
thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.