ISDN back-up problem

Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can detect when a router has gone to ISDN back-up (from a leased line)? Failing to spot this can potentially cost a customer a lot of extra fees. Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve T
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

show isdn status should let you know if there's any call placed at layer 3, additionally you can the status of the channels with the show interface command.

Reply to
<Anthrax>

Hi Steve,

You'll need some sort of NMS or syslog software. If you have a syslog server setup, you can have your router send syslog messages and then write a short script to parse the %ISDN-6-XXXX and %LINK-3-UPDOWN messages.

Cheers, Spencer

Reply to
Spencer Teran

"Steve T" wrote in message news:4294d815$0$34736$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...

I don't know if it is around anymore but we use Syslog4NT running on a Windows 2000 server and setup to email me via our exchange server when certain ISDN events occur.

Reply to
you know who maybe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.