Is it possible to have two VPNs share the same IP address on pix 501

OK... here is the situation... now I know that this is probably not recomended, but here we go:

Current situation - I have a PIX 501 6.3(1) that has a VPN setup, PPTP, to allow incoming traffic from our remote office. There are only

3 users at the office and this seems to work fine.

My boss has purchased a new phone, Cingular 8125 - running Windows Mobile 5, that he would like to connect back to our office via the Cingular EDGE network (GPRS) to connet to our IBM mainframe. We got his phone to connect to our VPN, but connection into our network has been real flaky when we try and use our TN3270 terminal software for him to connect to our VSE mainframe... or even using simple telnet software to connect to the Unix host. Most of the time you get no connection... 1 time out of 20 you'll get a good VPN connection that will allow any connectivity (Either Telnet or TN3270).

He would like to connect back to our network using IPSec instead of PPTP since he can find a more robust VPN clients for his phone that use IPSec than PPTP. The thought is let's see if its a Cingular network problem, which they say it is not, or if its a problem with our VPN. Obviously, I don't want to change up the way our PIX is setup just to test his phone... but if I can ADD a second VPN, on the same IP address mind you, using a different VPN setup then why not.

So is it possible to setup two seperate VPNs, one IPSec and one PPTP, on the same IP address to allow connectivity back into our network on a PIX 501 version 6.3(1)?

Thanks in advance for any and all who reply.

-andrew

Reply to
awade
Loading thread data ...

on the same IP address to allow connectivity back into our network on a PIX 501 version 6.3(1)?

AFAIK yes

see Cisco doc "Configuring the PIX Firewall and VPN Clients Using PPTP, MPPE and IPSec"

formatting link

BTW you should upgrade to 6.3(5) and I think I would do that before trying to support your IPSEC and PPTP together

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.