Inexpensive Router for Practice

which model would you recommend if i want to practice my Cisco skills. I tried Boson and other virtual router programs but found them lacking. Hopefully something i can get on ebay,

Reply to
asdf
Loading thread data ...

I would suggest the Cisco 1605-R. You can pick them up on eBay for between $0.93 and $85. (yes... that's 93 cents - plus shipping of course)

I suggest this one because it offers the full IOS, two ethernet and one WIC slot.

I used 3 of them for my first lab.

Good Luck JC

Reply to
J.Cottingim

Try a Router Simulator under Linux. You use a standard IOS image with ALL functions. You can simulate 36xx and 72xx routers. Here is a link:

formatting link
Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapter.com

Refered to 7200 simulator runs real IOS and is very good. You do need though to be able to get a copy of an appropriate IOS.

Also for Windows, Mac too.

For Windows I recommend the Dynagen windows installer package.

BTW does anyone know the performance difference of Dynamips between cygwin and native Linux?

Reply to
Bod43

Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapter.com

Also of course simulates other hardware, 3600, others. Benefit of this is that the images/RAM requirements are smaller and you can perhaps fit more virtual routers in your PC.

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.