Im paying ATT for a 6 meg down load speed but Im not even getting 1 meg can any one help me fix this

Im paying ATT for a 6 meg down load speed but Im not even getting 1 meg can any one help me fix this. Any time I down laod someting I cannot get no more than 600 kbs. I shold be getting a lot more than that. Ive got a 10/1000 realtek gigabit card. is ther any configuraation I need to make. I was thinking about installing a installing a direct ethernet line to my phone hub outside would that help anything. Any and all advise is greatly appreaciated.

Reply to
quain433
Loading thread data ...

Well, and first, 6 meg is not 6 MB, its 6 Mb (bit) and you will only see a max of 700-750 KB per second. Presuming you know this since you said 600 kilobits, have you tried calling the provider? I would seriously doubt you have a LAN issue unless you are using wireless and have a poor signal. Besides checking the obvious settings, ie speed/ duplex etc, which would cause errors and very very poor speed (much less than 600kb), you probably need to call your provider. Before you do, can you setup another machine and ftp between them, this will eliminate your NICs, PCs/Servers, and the switch part of your equipment. If it goes fast, you need to follow up with the ISP.

Reply to
Trendkill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.