HSRP w/looped interface.

How does HSRP handle a circuit when the remote end is looped? Does hsrp handle this as a down interface? even though the interface is up/up (looped).

Reply to
jem12475
Loading thread data ...

Which protocol do you use on the line if you get up/up(looped)? I believe if you're using smart one like ppp, then you would get up/down (looped) since ppp does know it is talking to itself.

On the other hand, HDLC does not know that. If you're using HDLC, why not change to ppp?

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

Yes we use HDLC thanks for the reply i will see about using ppp. So with PPP if the remote end is looped facing me I would see on up/down(looped)?

Reply to
jem12475

yes, PPP will not allow the looped interface to go up since the magic number received is the one is providing itself and that is not allowed.

Reply to
<Anthrax>

yes, PPP will not allow the looped interface to go up since the magic number received is the one is providing itself and that is not allowed.

Reply to
<Anthrax>

With HDLC you can configure:

interface XXX down-when-looped

Reply to
Barry Margolin

Good point Barry, I've completely forgot about that, and I've used it more than once. Damn...

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

Or you can use the 'down-when-loop' command.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.