How to report bugs to Cisco

Hello,

is there a way to report IOS bugs to Cisco without buying an expensive support contract? I already had to buy a simple support contact just to get softwarre updates which fix all the security bugs in IOS.

Kind regards

Reply to
Matthias Scheler
Loading thread data ...

Am 25.10.2009 12:17 schrieb Matthias Scheler:

Nope.

If you replace "all the security bugs" by "all known security bugs for which a fix exists", that's a correct description of how the system is supposed to work.

HTH T.

Reply to
Tilman Schmidt

You need to be able to open a TAC case to report bugs. If your contract allows you to open cases then you are in. I am not aware of any support contracts that do not allow this but I may not be up to date.

Alternatively, you could I suppose try to attract the attention of some white hatters if the issue is serious.

Reply to
bod43

If it is a security related bug, wouldn't contacting CERT be one avenue available to non-contract people which would attract Cisco's attention ?

Reply to
JF Mezei

It probably depends on where you live. In some countries, the place that sold you the router is responsible for solving (big) problems that you have with it. This probably means they should be capable of opening a case for you, when he does not choose to take back the router and refund your money to solve the problem. Hiding behind "support contracts" is often not a way to avoid product quality responsibility.

Reply to
Rob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.