Help With Intial Vlan

Greetings, I am setting up a vlan, my first, but needed some help.

I have an odd setup, and need some help.

For the distribution I have a WS-C3750G-12S-S (12 fiber ports) (switch1) Off of G1/0/8 I have fiber going to another switch, a 3750 (Switch2)

On (Switch2) I have the port the fiber is coming into configured as so

- I have it configured as a router for the 10.1.30.0 net

Int g1/0/28 No switchport Ip address 10.1.30.3 255.255.255.0 Description Uplink from 3750G-12S

I also have hosts plugging into (switch2)

(Switch 3) is a closet upstairs plugged into the WS3750G-12 (int g1/0/1)

I've setup my vtp domain and vlan database I can see those on switch1 and switch3

I don't see those on switch2. Is this because I have the uplink setup as a NO SWITCHPORT and have it acting as a router?

My question is, if I want the 3750 (switch2) to work as a router - how should I be doing this.

Should I make an Ethernet port on the switch a "No SwitchPort" Or is it ok to do the Uplink as "No Switchport"

I'm lost.

At some point, a gentleman told me I needed to make the 3750G-12S do all the routing for my internal network but I'm not sure how I would do it since it only has 12 fiber ports

Reply to
troute_kilgore
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.