frame-relay adaptive-shaping

Hi guys,

I must substitute an 805 (running 12.0.4) with a 3620 (with 12.3.13a) with a serial connector. I had to move all frame relay-parameters from one section to the other.

Moving frame-relay map-class new IOS doesn't accept the command "no frame-relay adaptive-shaping" because it wants more details.

As I don't know anything about frame-relay but I would know the command equivalent to that above.

Thanks,

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

Hi Alex

no frame-relay adaptive-shaping {becn | foresight | interface-congestion}

view current config to see which options you need to negate.

Extra info

becn = Backward Explicit Congestion Notification becn is recieved if any queue in the frame-relay cloud exceeds a predefined level and the router will back off transmission speed.

foresight = a Cisco proprietry congestion avoidance system. Where BECN is used to respond to actual congestion, foresight is used to avoid congestion in the first instance. If a PVC is heavily used foresight will ask it to back off. If a PVC is lightly used foresight will let it continue. BECN on the other hand is indiscriminate.

interface congestion - works only with local interface congestion where BECN/Foresight work over the whole frame relay Cloud.

N.B. Foresight might not be available even using Cisco kit throughout the cload. It is rarely forwarded from a public backbone (if ever?) even when the backbone uses it.

I have included the above info as you stated you did not understand frame-relay operation. I hope you find it useful.

regards

Toby

Reply to
Toby

Hi Alex

no frame-relay adaptive-shaping {becn | foresight | interface-congestion}

view current config to see which options you need to negate.

Extra info

becn = Backward Explicit Congestion Notification becn is recieved if any queue in the frame-relay cloud exceeds a predefined level and the router will back off transmission speed.

foresight = a Cisco proprietry congestion avoidance system. Where BECN is used to respond to actual congestion, foresight is used to avoid congestion in the first instance. If a PVC is heavily used foresight will ask it to back off. If a PVC is lightly used foresight will let it continue. BECN on the other hand is indiscriminate.

interface congestion - works only with local interface congestion where BECN/Foresight work over the whole frame relay Cloud.

N.B. Foresight might not be available even using Cisco kit throughout the cload. It is rarely forwarded from a public backbone (if ever?) even when the backbone uses it.

I have included the above info as you stated you did not understand frame-relay operation. I hope you find it useful.

regards

Toby

Reply to
Toby

Hi Toby,

as when I write "no frame-relay adaptive-shaping" followed by each option the router doesn't display anything in "sh run" I think that that is the default so there is no needing to specify the statement "no frame-relay adaptive-shaping" as it is the default.

Thanks for you detailed explanation.

Alex.

Reply to
AM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.