frame-relay traffic-shapping default throttling?

Is it default behaviour for a simple "frame-relay traffic-shaping" command on a main interface (HSSI), with no other shaping or class-map commands on sub-interfaces, for there to be strict 2 Mbps ingress and 64 Kbps egress limits applied?

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM
Loading thread data ...

Yes, though when I was doing it the default was 56k egress. FRTS doesn't have any direct effect on ingress. A trap for young players who would decide to shape just one sub-interface and then wonder why all the others went belly up more or less.

Reply to
Martin Gallagher

Thanks for the reply Martin.. Yes, a trap for young players ... or older ones like me ;-) I've been supporting Frame for five years but had never come across this situation before.

We'd just commissioned a 4Mb BDSL tail and discovered the limits during end-to-end load testing prior to having it go into production. The Telco couldn't see find a problem and had passed the job up to level-3 support before we realised our mistake.

Rgds,

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.