FIREWALL VPN ADSL

***********URGENT*****************URGENT****************URGENT****************** Hi,

We want to creat VPN tunnel to our remote office through a ADSL Broadband connection. I am facing problem for that. We got one static IP address from (ISP). The network connection in my office will be like

ADSL(UT-300R2U) Router/Modem -------CISCO 501 Firewall........Switch......Systems.

ADSL Lan port is connected to firewall outside interface. LAN IP addresses are in the segment 192.168.1.0/24.

Now the problem is my remote team wants to configure VPN on static IP given by the ISP and static IP should be on the firewall outside interface. But the IP address on firewall is publeic ip address

192.168.1.3 255.255.255.0 as I explained above.

I know one solution, by putting ADSL router in bridge mode and configuring PPPOe dialer on the outside interface of the firewall. The outside interface of the firewall should get the Staic IP address.

But My team don't want to configure PPPOe dialer on the firewall. Does any body worked on this type of problem. Please advise if anybody have another option to get Static IP address on firewall outside iterface.

Please respond snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Thanks & Bregds, Datta

Reply to
yadavdr
Loading thread data ...

Stronly recommended.

Why?

You might configure NAT-Traversal, but this limits your side to be only the initiator (e.g. client) in the tunnel scenario. This is the opposite of the requirement.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

Hi Lutzm

Thanks for reply.

My doesn't want PPPOe dialer on the firewall as they feel it is not to much effiecient and hard to troubleshoot.

Reply to
yadavdr

Show them how easy it it using the PIX, start with switching to bridge mode on the ADSL-Router.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

PIX, start with switching to bridge mode

Hello Lutz,

I have configured the PIX with VPDN commands for PPPOe dialer and put ADSL router in bridge mode. But problem I am facing is PIX outside interface is not getting static IP address. But I can see the PPPOe session status up.

VPN-PIX01# sh vpdn %No active L2TP tunnelsion Information (Total

%No active PPTP tunnelsinterface id is 1ache

PPPoE Tunnel and Session Information (Total tunnels=1 sessions=1)

Tunnel id 0, 1 active sessions time since change 1993 secs Remote MAC Address 00:90:1A:41:78:27 186 packets sent, 181 received, 2224 bytes sent, 8326 received termination info: Peer Terminated LCP down Remote MAC is 00:90:1A:41:78:27 Session state is SESSION_UP Time since event change 2937 secs, interface outside PPP interface id is 1 186 packets sent, 5 received, 2224 bytes sent, 230 received termination info: Peer Terminated LCP down

VPN-PIX01# sh ip add out System IP Address: no ip address outside Current IP Address: no ip address outside

Below find the PPPOe dialer commands configured on PIX. vpdn group trillium request dialout pppoe vpdn group trillium localname 26828499 vpdn group trillium ppp authentication pap vpdn username bomvpn password bomvpn1

ip address outside pppoe setroute

Please help me to find out the solution for this....

Reply to
Datta

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.