Firewall not getting IP Address

Hello Friends,

I have configured the PIX with VPDN commands for PPPOe dialer and put ADSL router in bridge mode. But problem I am facing is PIX outside interface is not getting static IP address. But I can see the PPPOe session status up.

VPN-PIX01# sh vpdn %No active L2TP tunnelsion Information (Total

%No active PPTP tunnelsinterface id is 1ache

PPPoE Tunnel and Session Information (Total tunnels=1 sessions=1)

Tunnel id 0, 1 active sessions time since change 1993 secs Remote MAC Address 00:90:1A:41:78:27 186 packets sent, 181 received, 2224 bytes sent, 8326 received termination info: Peer Terminated LCP down Remote MAC is 00:90:1A:41:78:27 Session state is SESSION_UP Time since event change 2937 secs, interface outside PPP interface id is 1 186 packets sent, 5 received, 2224 bytes sent, 230 received termination info: Peer Terminated LCP down

VPN-PIX01# sh ip add out System IP Address: no ip address outside Current IP Address: no ip address outside

Below find the PPPOe dialer commands configured on PIX. vpdn group trillium request dialout pppoe vpdn group trillium localname 26828499 vpdn group trillium ppp authentication pap vpdn username bomvpn password bomvpn1

ip address outside pppoe setroute

Please help me to find out the solution for this....

Reply to
Datta
Loading thread data ...

I don't think it's up.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

Try setting your "localname" to the same as your "username" - also some ISPs want snipped-for-privacy@ispname.com

None

Reply to
none

I'm having the exact same issue... except mine says SESSION_SHUTDOWN.

It was in a known working state and yesterday starting to behave as yours is. I was using PAP for the PPP auth method and tried CHAP as well. I can bypass the pix with a normal router and I connect via the dsl modem straight away.

I have also tried flashing the pix to the factory defaults, saving, rebooting, and adding the vpdn commands . Same story. In fact, soon after, it will say "Time since event change 2937 secs" or some long time frame (longer than the reset/reboot).

Tomorrow I will try a different dsl modem and another pix 501. Details to follow.

Reply to
eyeman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.