firewall configuration!

hi guys

is this possible for firewall configuration .. my requirement is like following way..

1) i want to particular ip on particular subnet mask 2) also want to block particular port on that particular ip with subnet mask..

is this possible to change without iptables. if yes then how/if no then how can i deny access to particular ip on particular subnet mark with given port, and i want to do this all with C program, if is there any function then plz suggest me.. or help me, how to write program if there is no any specific function.

Chandrakant

Reply to
Solanki.Chandrakant
Loading thread data ...

Sorry, your verb "permit" or "deny" was accidently omitted in that line.

Your reference to ipchains and a C program has me confused. Are you trying to affect firewall workings on a Linux system, or are you trying to affect the configuration of a Cisco PIX or ASA, or are you trying to affect the configuration ofa Cisco IOS router, or something else?

If you are not attempting to affect the configuration of Cisco equipment, then you should probably be asking your question in comp.security.firewalls rather than comp.dcom.sys.cisco .

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.