Failover solution with two ISP on 871

Hello.

Is it possible to implement failover internet connection with cisco 871 integrated service router? I have two uplinks from different providers and about 20 internet users. 871 cost is lower than 1811, which has two wan ports, but 871 has only one WAN port. I'd like to know is it possible make one of its switch ports to act as wan interface? Even more, is it possible to make every port to act as an independent fully-capable interface? For failover I'm going to use SLA operation and tracking route feature+NAT for users. In case it is possible to use 871 as failover router, is ADVANCED IP Services feature set required?

Best Regards.

Reply to
gpaharenko
Loading thread data ...

One of the interesting properties that cisco offers is that in the case of routers all facilities are available on all routers as far as the hardware supports it.

So in your case, "SAA policy based routing" may allow you to achieve the result that you want.

Regarding the 87x, if you have the ADVANCED IP Services feature set you can create an arbitrary number of VLANs and SVI interfaces.

The other feature set only allows one VLAN.

YOu can:-

vlan dat vlan 2 vlan 3 vlan 4 exit

conf t

! Assuming that "internal" ports are 0...3, I forget.

int fa 0 switch avccess vl 10 int fa 1 switch avccess vl 11 int fa 2 switch avccess vl 12 int fa 3 switch avccess vl 13

int vlan 10 ip address ....

int vlan 11 ip address ....

int vlan 12 ip address ....

int vlan 13 ip address ....

Bobs your uncle.

5 seperate subnets.

As I understand it there is no difference between the inside and the outside as far as operation is concerned.

Note that I do not ergard the 87x as suitable for business at a central site.

If it has to work all day every day and use advanced features, I know a 2800 is good.

Reply to
Bod43

Thank you!

""" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk ÐÉÓÁÌ(Á): """

Reply to
gpaharenko

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.