Enabling man0/0 on Cisco ASA 5510 causes routing loops

Here's an odd problem, and one that shouldn't be possible, from what I understand. My network layout looks something like this:

Internet -- Internet router -- Cisco ASA -- Cisco internal router -- Internal nework

The ASA and the Cisco internal router are connected by their own subnet, 192.168.254.0/30. The Cisco internal router is connected to the Internal network on the Internal network's subnet,

192.168.1.0/24. The Cisco ASA connects to the Internet router on my ISP-assigned /27 subnet.

Now, the Cisco ASA has its management interface, man0/0, set to

192.168.1.15/24, which is on the internal network. My understanding is that the man0/0 interface is only supposed to accept http, ssh and telnet traffic, and should in no way route traffic. But every time I enable the man0/0 interface, my routing goes screwy, and traffic in and out to the Internet seems to be looping somewhere. I'm not sure where it's going, but if I administratively down the man0/0 interface, everything starts to work normally.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not positive that traffic is being routed over man0/0, but that seems to be the case, and I can't think of what else it might be. I do have the SSM-10 module installed, but it's not configured yet, and I haven't plugged its external interface onto the network yet.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
ttripp
Loading thread data ...

What is the management interface plugged into?

Reply to
JBDanford

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.