E1 module replacement

Hi all,

-- I'm in charge of replacing a CISCO box equipped with a NM-1CE1U card (DB15 connector). The box is connected to an E1 channellized line, 75ohm-unbalanced, BNC terminated (Network End). Moreover this box is 30 mt far from the telco network termination, so there'a a DB15M to dual BNC cabling from the box to the NE.

-- Customer provides a new box equipped with a NM-1CE1T1PRI card (which is intended to replace the NM-1CE1U in cisco end of sale roadmap). This card connects through a RJ48C plug (if I remember well)....

Now the questions are: How can I connect the box to telco line (in the less expensive manner)? Shall I use a RJ48 to BNC cable (balun ?) and replace DB15M with two BNC (on the 30 mt cable)? Is that the only way to accomplish this ? I wonder if there is a way to do this without having to modify the 30mt cable to Network Termination (eg. RJ48 to DB15F cable)....

Thanks In Advance, FR

Reply to
Francesco Rossi
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.