Downgrading an Aeronet 1242 from Lightweight to autonomous?

I've acquired a Aeronet 1242 wireless access point and its the lightweight configuration flavor (long story) instead of the autonomous version. Is there a way to downgrade it back to being autonomous or should I sell it and just buy another one that is autonomous? Or is there a really cheap way of using something (tftp server?) as a WAP controller that isn't going to cost >$300? Just thought I'd ask.. Thanks!

Reply to
Rick F
Loading thread data ...

Rick,

I think just copying the correct IOS image, and erasing the configuration will convert the AP to autonomous mode. Converting to LWAP is tricky because it requires generating RSA key, etc.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Here you go...

formatting link

Reply to
java123

Cool.. I've actually got two of these WAP's, but the other is the autonomous flavor so I could possibly try using that IOS on the other one.. Thanks for the suggestion..

Reply to
Rick F

It's completely opposite of what person wants to do - he has AP in Lightweight mode, and he wants to convert it back to autonomous mode.

Thank you for your purchase. Your order has been processed and shipped by the USPS Priority Mail. You can check status of your package online at:

If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Michael Shavrov

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.