GAS WAR - an idea that will work

Someone sent me this via email. I thought it was interesting.

GAS WAR - an idea that [might] work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Whoever created that knows nothing about the market, The problem isn't Exxon/Mobil but supply and demand coupled with the fact that no new refinery has been created in over 25 years which means any problem with any other refinery screws with production and one in Oklahoma just had a fire screwing with its output.

Exxon/Mobil also sells gas to all the other companies so they still make the money regardless of people buying at their pumps, this idea is almost as stupid as the one where they want people not to buy gas from anyone for a day

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's obvious Robert doesn't either...

And we've got another hurricane season coming up. :-( When are you guys gonna get smart and move all those production facilities to someplace safe... Like Canada for instance??

Or the "PR" posts from Bass? :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Are you sure about that? I don't know, but I do know that a plan is in place for a new refinery right here in Arizona. Its been doing the rounds for a couple years now. The biggest thing has been the assurance of adequate water rights to operate the refinery. Arizona has excess unused water rights from the Colorado River, but California has been using part/most of that excess for decades.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Oddly enough, this exact post is the one quoted on Snopes:

formatting link
And no, it's not interesting. It's been around the 'net for years. It's BORING. And stupid.

Reply to
Matt Ion

I have no doubt new refineries have been bandied about but the problem is

a: Environmentalists who don't want them b: People who don't want one in their back yard c: It takes billions to create one d: e: You have to have them at locations that can easily be transported to by the oil producers f: These locations are usually by oceans which brings you right back to a:

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Since this one is in my backyard... I can say that some steps towards it have been actually taken.

We shall see.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I hope it goes up but don't count on it, if it were up to me we'd set up a few nuke plants

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hey... Now that's an idea!! There's a place on Fallcrest Circle where you could store all those depleted uranium cores... It's a "gated community" and one of the residents knows everything there is to know about Napco so security isn't an issue. I'll email the Atomic Energy Commission immediately... There's nothing quite like the taste of Brazilian Beer and the fact that it glows in the dark is a bonus! ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.