DOT11-4-MAXRETRIES

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with two AP1300 I'm using to connect two buildings. After a a few days or weeks (it varies with no particular pattern), the two bridges disconnects with the following error on the root AP: DOT11-4-MAXRETRIES...

While this could be explained from an RF problem, it was observed that the only way for the bridges to re-associate was to reboot the root AP. My question is why is the root AP not re-associating by itself? Does it blacklist the other AP after a max retry?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks Kailash

Reply to
kjalabhay
Loading thread data ...

If you have to reboot a bridge in order to reestablish connectivity, then this would be, er, "suboptimal behavior" on the part of the device ... it should be able automatically to reestablish connectivity after an outage.

If you're running 12.2(15)JA, then CSCef88753 would be an example of a widely encountered problem that might cause this behavior. Note that 12.3(7)JA is the latest IOS for the BR1310.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Thanks Aaron,

I'm afraid that I'll have to agree on the "suboptimal behavior" of the AP. I'm running 12.3(4)JA but i'll try with the new IOS even though it doesn't seem to include any particular fix for this type of behavior.

Note that I'm using MAC address filtering on both APs and WPA pre-shared key.

I guess i'll try with the new IOS and keep you posted.

Kailash

Aar> If you have to reboot a bridge in order to reestablish connectivity,

Reply to
kjalabhay

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.