Disabling an Etherchannel

I inherited 2 4006's running CaOS, that are linked together via an etherchannel using the gbics on the supervisors. The uplink is currently 100 Mb, and I want to upgrade it to a gig. I need to disable the etherchannel so I can use the gbic as a gig uplink to the network. Here is a snippet of the config :

Sw1 -

#frame distribution method set port channel all distribution mac both ! #port channel set port channel 1/1-2 183 ! #module 1 : 2-port 1000BaseX Supervisor set port trap 1/1-2 enable set spantree portfast 1/1-2 disable set spantree guard none 1/1-2 set port channel 1/1-2 mode desirable silent

sw2 -

#frame distribution method set port channel all distribution mac both ! #port channel set port channel 1/1-2 125 ! #module 1 : 2-port 1000BaseX Supervisor set port trap 1/1-2 enable set spantree portfast 1/1-2 disable set spantree guard none 1/1-2 set port channel 1/1-2 mode desirable silent

Is it as simple as :

set port channel all mode off set port trap 1/1-2 disable set port channel 1/1-2 mode off

... on both to disable? And then just configure a normal link between the sups?

TIA Lovejoy

Reply to
Lovejoy
Loading thread data ...

set port channel disable

Reply to
Trendkill

I stand corrected, yes, mode off will do. You don't want to do all unless you have no other channels configured. Provided the trunks or connections are the same already, you don't need to configure a normal link, it should just go back to standalone intra-connections.

Reply to
Trendkill

Thanks.

Lovejoy

>
Reply to
Lovejoy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.