Running Kapersky Antivirus + Comodo together

I was planning on running Kapersky antivirus (not security suite) + comodo free on an XP Pro machine, but a colleague tells me that Kapersky comes up with a message saying it won't install if comodo is already there. Is this true, as I can't find any evidence in google about it

Reply to
Mike
Loading thread data ...

It may be true for Kaspersky Internet Security (basically KAV with firewall and other components) but I'm pretty sure not for KAV. You could enquire at the Kaspersky home user forum

formatting link
where you get fantastic responsive help from users, beta testers and Kaspersky employees alike.

Reply to
Wilf

I'm running KAV 6.0.2.621 with Comodo

2.4.18.184 with no problems at all. They seem to compliment each other just fine.
Reply to
Ed Mc

In message at 08:36:26 on Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Mike wrote

I finally got round to testing this last night. KAV will not install if Comodo Firewall Pro is installed

Reply to
Mike

Install KAV first, then Comodo.

Reply to
dale

And then uninstall both, unless you want your system to get hosed. (And then cease your Usenet existence, your stupid address fakers!)

Reply to
Sebastian G.

In message at 17:42:47 on Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Sebastian G. wrote

You like spam then?

Reply to
Mike

In message at 09:38:53 on Mon, 25 Jun 2007, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.not wrote

I had thought of that, but there must be a reason for it saying that. Now I've got a bit more time, I will find the KAV forums and find out why

Reply to
Mike

Mike wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@turnpike.home:

Not that I'm defending Sebastian per se (he's currently in my killfile)...

Non-fake email addresses and spam are linked, how?? With easy access to email accounts it is fairly simple to set up an email address for use with Usenet alone. The addition of a sig file with a simple "pass phrase" and one filter in your email client and you can easily bypass all of that spam.

Reply to
Rick

In message at 12:35:27 on Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Rick wrote

Don't spambots pick up new from addresses on newsgroup posts within about a day of posting? I accidentally posted with the wrong id once, and seemed to get spam fairly soon

Fair point - I forgot about that

Reply to
Mike

1. Who says that you actually have to read anything sent to the provided address? You're only supposed to provide a mail box, thus an e-mail address which correctly receives mail. You're perfectly free to discard every mail.
  2. The solution against spam are spam filters, not avoiding any communication. If you'd do the latter, then the spammers have succeeded ruining your e-Mail communication as well.
Reply to
Sebastian G.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.