Dinamyc and static nat whit only one public ip address?

Hi all,

I have the dynamic part already setup in a c1720 with IOS 12.3(9a). Internal hosts are accessing internet sharing my public ip address.

No I would like to setup some static port redirections for this same public address. For example, I need to be able to make make my web server accesible from internet.

If been trying several ip nat source static commands to not avail but nothing worked. Performing dynamic nat for outbound connections while redirecting inbound connections to certain ports on the outside interface should be posible as far as I can think.

At least any consumer grade dsl router I found was able of this...

Thanks for any help, pointers, etc. David

Reply to
mckennan
Loading thread data ...

David,

This is a working (I faked ins. global ip add) static nat config with port redirection:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.76.2 80 200.200.200.1 81

192.168.76.2 80 = rfc1918 (host's inside local, private ip address and original tcp port on which host actually listens) 200.200.200.1 81 = global inside ip address by which our host is visible from the Internet. TCP port is translated port on which NAT router listens for Internet requests for this translated host. So, our host is visible from the Internet by 200.200.200.1:81 ip address and TCP port. This configuration example assumes that the web server is placed behind a router's 'ip nat inside' interface, that is, in a LAN.

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

Thaks a lot for your reply Igor.

I was able at last to solve the problem with your help :-)

Reply to
mckennan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.