DHCP on NT per vlan

Can NT 4.0 server with DHCP Service assign the IP to different vlans? Cause I configure my Switch Cisco 4500 with the command ip helper and in my NT I create scopes and a Superscope. But my problem is that when the NT responds, it didn`t give me and IP depending of the vlan, it sends me and IP of the second scope. Is any way that the NT can distinguish from what vlan the PC is asking?

Reply to
Eugis
Loading thread data ...

DHCP relay, which is what you get when using ip helper, includes the vlan interface address in the giaddr field of the DHCP packet. The server uses that address to figure out which scope to supply an address from.

Reply to
Martin Gallagher

We ran into problems with an old MS DHCP install. If memory serves me correctly all the scopes were created outside of the superscope except for one. Our sysadmins thought this was weird and incorrect so they changed it. They moved all the scopes under the superscope. Well that pretty much broke everything. I don't know why or how but that's what happened. You might consider rearranging yuor scopes. Oh, and migrate off of NT4 to something a little more current.

Reply to
J

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.