Deleting NAT statements.

Hi all,

Cisco 871 (but it seems to me 870 series in general) with 12.4(11)XJ.

Deleting NAT statements is a very hard task! There is no way to use "no " and have that command applied. The NAT statements disappear, once I have deleted them, in a ramdom term, from seconds to minutes. I'm still waiting, after half hour, to see applied the "no ip nat ..." command I performed.

I also deleted the translation with the command clear...

Any clues about that?

TIA

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

If you are talking about DYNAMIC NAT translations, then you can clear them with "clear ip nat trans *" command. If you want to remove any STATIC NAT (one-to-one translation), then you should remove the line from the configuration (conf t, no ip nat...), and then issue the "clear ip nat trans

*) command.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

After you remove the NAT statement you need to clear the NAT translation table. "clear ip nat trans *"

Reply to
Brian V

I apologize. All the NAT translation are static and there is no way to have the statements deleted even if I apply "no ip nat inside source ....." at the "conf term" prompt.

I need a lot of luck........ :-(

Thanks Alex

Reply to
AM

You can absolutely remove them. If it tells you that it cannot be removed because they are in use then you need to clear the nat able first, remove the nat statement then it's always a good practice to clear the nat table again.

Reply to
Brian V

The problem was that the router accepted silently the negation of the NAT statement but didn't remove the statement at all.

Anyway I rebooted the router, after having deleted the "ip nat outside/inside" from th einvolved interface and now it works fine.

Thanks to all.

Alex

Let me point out that when I enter the command "ip nat inside source static ..." the router diplaye a newline so that I got the prompt string not just the line underneath but that after with a newline in the middle. Don't ask me why.

Alex.

Reply to
AM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.