Alteon 180 OS and GSLB keys

Hello,

(first of all, i am not native english speaker, so forgive me my language please :)

I have just bought used Alteon 180. And it seems there is a small problem with it. I have small network with 2 different ISP Wan`s and would like to use Alteon to redirect port 80 and 443 of outgoing trafiic to Wan2 (which is asymetric), and the rest of traffic should go to Wan1. Unfortunately my Alteon 180 has not enabled the load balancing capabilities... I need some "keys", to ulock it. Do anybody knows where could i have take it from ? or even buy them ? The same goes to the WebOS... My Alteon is running version 8.0.49, do anybody has the last one WebOS usable on Alteon 180 (which i suppose is 8.0.6x) ?

I would be very gratefull for any help - especially concernig these keys. I hope somebody will understand all :)

pozdrawiam, KUBA

Reply to
Kuba
Loading thread data ...

For outbound load balance, you can use filters to redirect traffic to whatever link you want. It doesn't require license. The latest version WebOS can be found on Nortel website for 180 is 8.0.6.4.2.

Reply to
Dophi

hmmm... I am (almost :) sure, that when i tried there were info that it requires load balance key enabled... I will try once more... anyway, i am not good in elglish, so i didt want to explain all at once, but i need these keys... i am preparing for the third WAN, and i will need load balancing features then :( so, does anybody know how can i aquire these LB keys ?

It is and it is not... I have no access to nortel site and there is no way to get there without --supported-- nortel switch... alteon 180 was discontinued in manufacturirng and then with supporting :( so, any other ideas ?

pozdrawiam, Kuba

Reply to
Kuba

local load balancing does not require the keys only Global, and unless you are going to have two devices in two different locations sharing load or for fail over where you would have two different ISP connections then GBLB would not be enabled.

Reply to
MC

filters are not for load balancing... it is as i call it "flat balancing"... of course i need to redirect some outgoing traffic to other ISP than default, but in the nearby future i will need also to use two "default" ISP... so i redirect 80 and 443 port traffic to ISP3, and load balance the main traffic between ISP1 and ISP2.

I believe it is so in AD3 switch, but in Alteon 180 there is NO LOADBALANCING without keys !! Anytime when i go to SLB menu there is wiritten: "Load Balancing not activated, buy keys" or something like that. The same goes for GSLB. Really really really.

KUBA

Reply to
Kuba

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.