Load Balancing with two 2Mbit Frame Relay

Hi,

I have Cisco 2610XM router with IOS 12.3 also I have two 2Mbit Frame Relay on Serial interfaces connected to same ISP. I wrote a configuration like below...

interface Serial0/0 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay ! interface Serial0/0:0.1 point-to-point ip address xxx.xxx.xx.xxx 255.255.255.252 encapsulation frame-relay no ip mroute-cache no shutdown frame-relay lmi-type ansi ! interface Serial0/1 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay ! interface Serial0/1:0.1 point-to-point ip address xxx.xxx.xx.yyy 255.255.255.252 encapsulation frame-relay no ip mroute-cache no shutdown frame-relay lmi-type ansi ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xxx.xxx.xx.xxx ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xxx.xxx.xx.yyy ip route xxx.xxx.xx.zzz 255.255.255.240

Does this config work for load balancing and fault-tolerance.?????

I want two 2Mbit Frame Relay work for load balancing and fault-tolerance.. Could somebody have sample configuration about this situation..

Thanks..

Reply to
Inspire
Loading thread data ...

No,

Take f.ex the incident when one PVC is gone - You will still have senarios were the static route is installed and routing packets into a hole. I strongly sugguest you use some sort of routing protocol, like OSPF. As long as you have equal costs to the same destination, with multiple paths, you have L/B

HTH Martin

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Not likley a providor will run OSPF with them. Use a simple solution such as multilink frame relay (MFR), talk to your providor about it, most will do it.

formatting link

Reply to
Brian V

Could you please write me a simple configuration for multilink frame relay.

Thanks

Brian V wrote:

formatting link

Reply to
Inspire

formatting link

You cant click on the link and look?

Reply to
Brian V

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.