DECnet over GRE tunnel with serial interface

All,

I need help. We have some terminals with one server which run DECnet. They all reside in the same area (area 1). They work fine when run in the local segment (by using hub).

I want to exercise one of the terminals connect to the server over the WAN (by using GRE tunnel) with two cisco routers with back-to-back serial interafce. I have configured routers with DECnet routing (phase IV) and assign DECnet cost to tunnel and fast ethernet interfaces.

The problem is, when I do show decnet routing, I see all the the detailed routing including server and the remaining terminals at the other side, but when I can't see them by using show decnet neighbor. I noticed that the SNAP address assigned for tunnel is 0000.0000.0000 which I susspect is the issue when talking to DECnet address format.

Does anyone have suggestion how can I make it working by using GRE tunnel over back-to-back serial (to simulate a leased line)?

regards

Paris

Reply to
parislubis
Loading thread data ...

Hi Paris,

Please post the specific DECnet configuration of what you are trying to accomplish ... router configs, end system addresses etc.

-Steve

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.