Configuration Example

I am seeking a configuration example that uses Microsoft's IAS (Radius) server for authentication for PEAP and a Cisco 1200 series WAP. I need to make this as secure as possible because our office is in an industrial complex and we don't want to give everyone access to our systems by accident. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it both pieces of the installation. I have tried for about 2 weeks with no results. Thank you in advance for your help.

Reply to
Town Dummy
Loading thread data ...

Various authentication types, such as open authentication, shared key authentication, Service Set Identifier (SSID), authentication by client media access control and 802.1x/EAP (LEAP and PEAP), can be used with Cisco Access Points (APs).

The EAP authentication types include:

EAP LEAP PEAP

Security in the IEEE 802.11 specification, which applies to 802.11b,

802.11a, and 802.11g, has come under intense scrutiny.

Appropriate security measures must be taken in regard to the authentication, data-privacy, and message-integrity mechanisms defined in the specification.

For information on 802.11 Wireless, LAN security and the Cisco Wireless Security Suite, refer to:

Cisco Aironet 1200 Series Wireless LAN Security White Paper

formatting link
For more information on how to configure authentication types, refer to:

Configuring Authentication Types

formatting link
For more information on how to assign the authentication types, refer to:

Assigning Authentication Types to an SSID

formatting link
There are also some encryption standards that can be configured to provide more security, such as Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) and Advanced Encryption standard (AES).

For more information on how to configure the cipher suites and WEP, refer to:

Configuring Cipher Suites and WEP

formatting link
For more information on configuring EAP and PEAP, refer to:

EAP Authentication with RADIUS Server

formatting link
PEAP Installation Special Notes

formatting link
For more information on configuration, refer to:

Cisco Aironet 1200 Series Configuration Guides

formatting link
The AP can be configured as a local authenticator to serve as a stand-alone authenticator for a small wireless LAN or to provide backup authentication service.

As a local authenticator, the AP performs LEAP, EAP-FAST, and MAC-based authentication for up to 50 client devices.

For more information on how to configure the AP as a local authenticator, refer to:

Configuring an Access Point as a Local Authenticator

formatting link
For more information on Configuring RADIUS and TACACS+ Servers, refer to:

Configuring RADIUS and TACACS Servers

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Salary and Compensation Rates
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

This was very nice of you to post however, I am unable to get the configuration examples in the links that provided to work. I am curious if any has an actual config they are using would consider posting it?

Thank you for your help.

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
Town Dummy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.