Cisco wireless access points: snmp query for number of clients

Hello again folks ...

I seem to be having more than a little trouble wrapping my head around getting information from our wireless access points via SNMP. I have the SNMP Essentials (O'Reilly) book, but I think its scope is too broad for this particular question.

I would like to be able to query each of our access points (Cisco AP350s, AP1100s, and AP1210s, all running fairly new versions of IOS) for the number of associated clients they have (other traffic-related data, per client would also be nice, but in the short-term I would be happy with number of clients). I'm using net-snmp-5.3.1, and have a directory full of Cisco MIB files (and reason to believe these are being read), but I don't actually know what to query for.

Walking the tree from "." doesn't show anything that stands out to me as what I'm after, but it's entirely likely that the answer is staring right at me though I can't see it ...

Anyone able to offer advice? Pointers to relevant documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Sylvain Robitaille
Loading thread data ...

Is it cDot11ActiveWirelessClients

see

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

I was hoping it would be, but:

: rorschach[syl] ~; snmpget ${ap} \\ CISCO-DOT11-ASSOCIATION-MIB::cDot11ActiveWirelessClients CISCO-DOT11-ASSOCIATION-MIB::cDot11ActiveWirelessClients = No Such Instance currently exists at this OID

Thanks for that. It might still contain additional information I can use.

Reply to
Sylvain Robitaille

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.