Cisco VPN Terminated Reason 431:

Hello, I'm trying to troubleshoot why my VPN Client keeps disconnecting with the following reason.

Secure VPN Connection terminated by peer. Reason 431: Configured max idle time for session exceeded.

the ISP tells me that he's got it set to not disconnect. Is there a setting or register change i can make on my cisco vpn to prevent this from happening? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
hallcommunications
Loading thread data ...

Without more information - the first thing to check is if you have a keepalive set on the server side. If not, this may be something you want to enable... I believe on the a 3000 concentrator they are turned off by default.

What platform are you using for the VPN clients to connect to?

----------------- Scott

formatting link
Home of the Network Engineering Podcast

Reply to
spilkinton

Hey Scott, Thanks for the response. Not sure about the server side of it... The trusty ISP tells me he has the IKE keepalive enabled, and I have to take his word for that. This is an XP wireless laptop that is connecting. Would any kind of idle time with the XP wireless settings or power management cut that VPN? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
hallcommunications

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.