CISCO Secure authentication with matrix cards

Hi,

I am looking for a Cisco Secure authentication modul which could use matrix cards.

I know modules for SecureID, CrypptoCards, Active Directory but none for Matric Cards.

The login needs then:

- login name

- password

- code at position XY of the matrix card

Could you help me ?

Thanks,

Arka

Reply to
Arka
Loading thread data ...

No idea or help ?

Could someone help me to integrate my own authentication mechanism with CISCO Secure then ?

Reply to
Arka

Hi,

Could you please give more details as to what you are looking to do exactly. I can help with Cisco Secure.

Reply to
Vivek

With CISCO Secure you can authenticate Users with SecureIDs, CryptoCards, Active Directory,...

I would liek to authenticate them with login/password/code, for example

Login: toto Password: tata Matrix Code A5: 875

The Matrix is a plastic card which looks like this:

1 2 3 4 5 A 785 458 415 452 875 B 124 451 254 045 411 C 012 054 745 125 489 D 487 587 689 254 025 E 405 306 842 102 005

I am looking for a product which integrates itself into Cisco Secure and which can handle such MatrixCode authentication.

If no products can be found I will look into building my own "Module" for CISCO Secure if possible!

Arka

Reply to
Arka

What is the database which handles matrix ?

It all depends on the database and s/w of the matrix database.

Once i see the database I can suggest you the way.

Reply to
Vivek

The Database is a SQL Server DB with one table:

MatrixID as string xCoord as string yCoord as string Value as string

The software is really simple ...

Reply to
Arka

Hi Arka

Matrix Card? As you're still here i guess you took the blue pill! ;-)

Serious: Nearly any authentication solution offers the possibility to authenticate against it by using RADIUS. Does your "Matrix Card Solution" offer the posibility for RADIUS authentication? If so. It should be possible to configure ACS to use your "Matrix Card Solution" as an external RADIUS authentication server. No special module needed...

Reply to
Roberto Giana

Configuring SQL database directly with ACS is not possible. You will need a Radius in between ACS and SQL database. The Radius will get request from ACS and check the SQL DB for the required credentials.

Reply to
Vivek

You mean I have to send login and a concatenated Password#MatrixCoordinates#MatrixValue in one radius request to ACS ?

What if I need to authenticate in two separated steps ?

By the way Roberto ... what was the red pill ? ;)

Reply to
Arka

Nope Arka. What I mean is you will have to have a radius server between ACS and the SQL database. ACS will act as a proxy only. The RADIUS server would have to send User, password and Matrix code request one after the other.

Though I don't know how and which radius can be made to do that but given a cpl of days I can try to find out. Work is killing this week.

Reply to
Vivek

I have implemented "AcitvCard" solutions with ACS, which can do a "challenge/response" authentication. The way it works is that at the initial authentication I have to enter your username and the word "challenge" as password. After that the "ActivCard" server will send back a new request (through ACS), showing the challenge on the login prompt of what ever you use (vpn-client, ms-dialup, ...) where you then have to callculate your challenge on your token and then enter the response again as password. I guess your "Matrix Card" solution will work the same way. Doesn't the manufacturer offer any how-to on that, on how to use it in a RADIUS environment? BTW: Who's the manufactuerer anyway?

The red pill? As Morpheus said: "Remember, all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

Reply to
Roberto Giana

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.