Cisco 877 - Policy Map

I have an 877 router on which there is a simple policy-map:

class-map match-any Premium match access-group 100 ! policy-map Outbound class Premium priority 50 set ip dscp ef

my access-list 100 permits the local LAN subnet to an importnant server IP address.

I have applied the policy-map to my ATM0 interface as follows:

interface ATM0 bandwidth 288 no ip address no atm ilmi-keepalive pvc 0/38 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1 ! dsl operating-mode auto service-policy output Outbound

If I ping from the router (source vlan1) to the relevant IP address I receive hits on Packets Marked (at the bottom of the policy). If I ping from a LAN host to the same IP the Packets Marked do not increment. Does anyone know why this is / alternatively, can anyone provide a sample config. Should I be using a Virtual-Template on the ATM ?

Class-map: Premium (match-any) 15011 packets, 4691581 bytes 5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps Match: access-group 100 15011 packets, 4691581 bytes 5 minute rate 0 bps Queueing Strict Priority Output Queue: Conversation 136 Bandwidth 50 (kbps) Burst 1250 (Bytes) (pkts matched/bytes matched) 0/0 (total drops/bytes drops) 0/0 QoS Set dscp ef Packets marked 1217

Regards

Darren

Reply to
Darren Green
Loading thread data ...

Hi Darren,

You may wish to investigate the Cisco 877 Config Wizard:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

The policy-map must be attached to the interface which handles the outgoing IP traffic, probably "Dialer0".

Kind regards

Reply to
Matthias Scheler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.