Cisco Aironet 1200 multiple ssid

Hi, i am trying to get my aironet 1200 access point to show both ssids. I assigned two ssids, to two seperate VLANS. However i cant connect or see the networks on any wireless client (Windows XP. I can see when i set up one access point ssid and disable vlans under the http quick setup).

Using the CLI configure i type:

dot11 ssid public vlan 1 interface d0 ssid public exit

dot11 ssid private vlan 2 interface d0 ssid private exit

interface d0 mbssid exit

end

I havent set the guest-mode, do i need to do this? I cant get a good understanding from the docs so i didnt enable this.

Also, i presume once i enable multiple VLANS the Fast Ethernet 0 interface is turned into a dot1q trunk, and as such I will need to enable dot1q trunking on my connecting switch which goes into the access point?

Thanks in advance replies much appreciated,

Chris

Reply to
g18c
Loading thread data ...

Hi Chris,

You may wish to investigate Cisco's Configuring Multiple SSIDs:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.