Cisco ACS Appliance Certificate

Group, I have a Cisco ACS *APPLIANCE*. I'm trying to get peap up and running. All the DOCS I see are geared towards the CISCO ACS Software.

I am using documentation found at:

formatting link
I am under the section "System Configuration -> ACS Certificate Setup". I've uploaded the cert to an FTP server so I can download it. The screen I have looks like this:

Under System Config on ACS:

Certificate File MYCERTNAME.cer

Private Key File Private Key Password:

Submit Cancel

The documentation doesn't mention anything about a private key or password, BUT when I hit submit, it won't let me past this screen without filling in the info. I don't know where to get the private file or the key.

Any help?

Thanks

Bill

Reply to
dempsey.bill
Loading thread data ...

The private key is the one that you generated when you created the certificate request. The screen you are on is for installing a certificate for the server, which you have two options. Create a self-signed certificate, or create a certificate request that you then submit to a certificate authority that then issues a certificate. To install this certificate, you need the original request (the private key file), and the certificate from the certificate authority.

The ACS Appliance runs the same software as the SOFTWARE.

formatting link

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.